Headaches During Pregnancy
Headaches are a common complaint during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. Your blood volume increases during your pregnancy. This, along with shifting hormone levels, may be one of the reasons why you may have more frequent headaches.
Here are some tips for dealing with headaches during pregnancy:
- Make sure that you are getting enough sleep and eating well. Lack of sleep or skipping meals can cause headaches.
- Place a cold compress on the back of your neck
- Rest in a dark room if you are having light sensitivity.
- Have your partner give you a neck massage
- Take a warm bath.
- Call your doctor if your headaches are severe or if your headaches are accompanied by blurred vision or vision disturbances, swelling of your hands or face, numbness or changes in sensation, sudden weight gain, or pain in the upper right abdomen.