19. Avoid pacifiers and artificial nipples
20. Avoid taking birth control pills while you are breastfeeding if possible.
21. Don’t smoke.
22. Drink plenty of water, especially right before you nurse.
23. Limit how much caffeine you drink.
24. Try to relax when you nurse and not rush.
25. Avoid supplementing if at all possible.
26. Eat a healthy diet with plenty of protein.
27. If your baby needs to supplement, consider using a supplemental nursing system or lactation aid so that your baby can nurse at the breast while you supplement.
28. Take a nursing vacation. Spend a weekend in bed with your baby and nurse her as much as possible.
29. Try taking fenugreek or blessed thistle. Both our herbs that have been used to help improve milk supply.
30. Try drinking mother’s milk tea. Mother’s milk tea can be found at most health stores.
31. Don’t diet while you are breastfeeding.
32. Eat a bowl of oatmeal. Some moms believe oatmeal helps boost milk supply.
33. Talk to your doctor about prescription medication like Reglan to boost your milk supply.
34. Avoid decongestants and antihistamines as these may decrease milk supply.
35. Remember that any amount of breast milk your baby gets from you is good for her.