The truth is I haven’t had a chance to really get to know my Blackberry like I would have wanted to in the 5 days I have had it. There was a time I use to sit down for a few hours upon receiving my new phone and play with it. Testing what it had and what it didn’t. What I wished for and those hidden treasures.
Well, the life of a triplet mom is admittedly busy. Very busy. Pile on top of that, a small BOOMING business, and I just don’t have the free time like I use to. BUT, that hasn’t stopped me entirely. I’ve been downloading some free apps because I’m too cheap to buy them. I’ve also been getting to know the apps that have come along with the phone.
My faves, in order of importance…
**MUST HAVE APP is BlackBerry App World. You can get this for free. It is the portal in to the Blackberry app world, they list fave free and purchasable apps. It is great and I’m always looking at it for new apps.**
1. Texting ~ Yep, my all time fave. Love it. I particularly like that I can see what I have sent and what I’ve replied to. Funny thing is I’m not the biggest texter in the world but the Blackberry has made it easier and more enjoyable. This app came with the phone.
2. Facebook ~ If you know me, you know I’m on Facebook. I use it to network for my business and because otherwise I get tired of talking in 2-year-old-language so I like to chat with friends. Having it on my phone is F.U.N. And, it was already there. I didn’t have to download it.
3. Calendar ~ It’s just like an hourly date book. It came with the phone this way and I hear you can sinc with Microsoft Outlook if you use it. I like how I can manipulate where I put appointments based on the time. I really like the alarm clock feature and it is super easy to use. I no longer have an “old fashion” alarm clock next to my bed.
4. Weather Bug ~ This was a free app that I downloaded to my phone. I’m a weather nut. Or in this case, a weather BUG. HA! It is easy to use and I like to know what the weather is going to be like since I have to cart the triplets around. No trips in the rain for us!
5. Web 2 Go ~ This came with the BB and I like having the connectivity to the internet wherever I go. This is going to be great for checking in to anything I may need. The only issue is that to have internet anywhere, you must pay for the service UNLESS you use the cool wi-fi feather, WOOT!
I know there are more apps out there to discover and I’m going to be looking around for them. I prefer free apps. If anyone out there has recommendations, I would LOVE to hear from you!
*As part of Best Buy’s sponsorship of JustMommies pattyandthemoos, HeatherW and I have received a smartphone for free. We will be sharing our experience with our phones with you over the course of the next few weeks.