More often than not when you think about being prepared for a National Disaster we think about the before and during! At least I know I do. I have teamed up with Clorox for the month of September to help you be prepared and know what to do!
Here are a few things to do after a National Disaster Strikes:
- In the wake of disaster, there is much to do as you assess the health and safety of your household as well as next steps to rebuild your life. The first thing you’ll want to do is check communication channels to ensure that local officials have declared it safe to return home.
- When home, cleaning up after a natural disaster can be a daunting task so it’s important keep your health top of mind using these steps:
- Before entering the home, look outside for loose power lines, damaged gas lines, foundation cracks or other damage
- During cleanup, wear protective clothing, including rubber gloves and rubber boots
- Look for flooding or large pools of standing water surrounding your home. These waters can be contaminated with high levels of bacteria that can make you sick, so disinfecting with a solution of bleach and water may help to remove mold and prevent the spread of infections and illness (more…)