Tonight, I promise you easy… easy like a sunshiney day easy.
(You know… I’ve never really understood that phrase… but I digress…)
Crock-Pot Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
serves: um… at least 6, lol
cook time: 6 hours total
|4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts||2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup|
|2 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth||1 Can Mixed Veggies|
|Noodles (amount/type of your choosing)||1 1/2 Cups Water|
|2 Tbsp Thyme||1 Tbsp Parsley|
1. In an at least 4.5 Qt crock-pot, mix in the two cans of cream of chicken soup with one and a half cups of the chicken broth and the spices. Stick in the four whole uncooked breasts. Let cook for about four hours on high.
2. Remove chicken from crock-pot and roughly cut it up. You don’t have to be all fancy like.
3. Before replacing the chicken, add in your water and the rest of the chicken broth. Mix it up well. Add your noodles in too. And you can put that chicken back in now as well.
4. Cook on high for 30 minutes (or until noodles are al dente). Then turn your heat to low. Let cook for an additional hour and a half, adding maybe a 1/4 cup water if it seems needed.
5. About 30 minutes before serving add in your undrained can of mixed veggies.
Easy and yummy and perfect for rainy, foggy days.