I made this breakfast casserole recipe a few weeks ago for a MOPS meeting and it turned out great – cheesy, potato-y bacon-y goodness in a casserole dish. What makes it especially wonderful is that you can assemble the entire thing the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. Mornings are so hectic – the last thing I want to be doing is putting together a breakfast casserole.
Read on to see how you can make one too!
You will need:
- 8 oz of bacon, cooked and then crumbled into small pieces
- 4 cups of shredded hash browns
- 1 cup of cheese (I used a Mexican blend, cheddar would be great too)
- 1 can (12oz) of evaporated milk (we used fat free and turned out fine)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Lawry’s seasoned salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees if you are making this right away. If you are baking the casserole the next day, you can skip this step. Spray your pan with cooking spray. We used a 9 x 13 pan.
Add half of the bacon (4oz) and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Then repeat the process again to create a second layer.
When you have added the second layer, mix the eggs, evaporated milk and Lawry’s and pour the mixture evenly on top of the layers.
If you will be baking this the next morning, cover and refrigerate. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes while covered with foil. Remove foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes until cheese starts to brown a little bit.