Acts of Love are the best gifts you can give, in my opinion. You are going to love this Acts of Love Coupons for the family idea and all the fun that comes with it.
I prefer gifts that tell me that you actually thought about me and considered my likes and desires when purchasing a gift. Or that you spent time making me something. And even better, spending time with you and sharing life over coffee. Those are gifts I enjoy receiving. When we first got married my husband liked to purchase extravagant and expensive gifts for me. I always ended up returning them because I prefer the gift of time, service and conversation any day than an expensive $200 bracelet.
I have three boys and I want them to know that:
- Love is not expressed with expensive extravagant gifts.
- Valentines day is not just about boyfriends and girlfriends.
- That our time and service can also be gifts of love that we share with each other.
I shared my heart behind this last year here in this post.
How this works:
- The week of Valentines day give each family member a set of coupons.
- Fill out your coupons for each individual in your family.
- Give one coupon a day to each family member throughout the week.
- You can’t write a coupon for something that you can’t do yourself (unless you asked permission to the person helping you first).
End with a fun Family Valentines celebration we do a scavenger hunt for the kids and end with them finding their Valentines day treat read about it here.
***Don’t forget to plan something special for your spouse. ***
It’s important that our kids see that we make time for not just them but also for our spouse. At the end of this month a group of mom bloggers and myself will be joining forces to bring you 14 Days of Dating our Husbands. Hopefully, this will encourage you and give you some ideas.
Feel free to right-click image and cut and paste it into your word document and print out. I think I will have it out all year.
Love Coupon ideas for the family
- Stay up late one night.
- Mom/Dad will make your bed one night.
- No chores today.
- Movie and popcorn night.
- Wear my pj’s all day.
- Your choice Family Game.
- A Family Picnic.
- Dessert before dinner.
- Sweet notes for me all day.
- Big bear hug.
- Make Homemade pizza family night.
- Morning reading and snuggling time.
- Breakfast in bed.
- Wash the dishes after a meal.
- Family Nerf gun war.
- Dinner of your choice at home.
- Movie Date- Any movie of your choice.
- Foot pampering and massage.
- Rent paddle boats.
- Cook one meal.
- Wash the car.
- Romantic candlelight dinner for 2.
- Card games at the park.
- Ice cream date.
- Make sushi together.
- After dinner night walk w/ flashlights.
- Bike riding and picnic.
- Family Laser Tag.
- Fancy dinner served by kids and spouse.
- Outdoor Movie Night.
- Play date with 2 friends.
- My day pass. You call all the shots.
- Indoor Camping.
- Play freeze tag at night.
- Dance party at home. Your music choice.
- Campfire with smores.
- Fondue night.
- Watch a chic flic with you.
- karaoke at home.
- Build a fort for ADULTS and watch a movie or read a book together.
- Breakfast for dinner.
Some of these ideas are obviously just for the kids or just for adults but most of them can be tweaked to work for the whole family.
What are some of your fun ideas you do as a couple or family?