Justmommies Community Guidelines
Welcome to Justmommies! We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com. You must be at least 16 years of age to register for our forums.
General Posting Guidelines
- We actively moderate our forums, but make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy of any representations made.
- We remove posts that contain language that is inappropriate, vulgar, offensive, or that contain nudity (with the exception of birth stories or pictures for educational purposes, but they must have prior approval from a moderator before posting). This includes disguised profanity. For example, the word b**ch is considered the same as posting the actual word. Any posts containing profanity will be edited or removed.
- We don’t allow posts that personally attack, insult or are intended to harass another user, moderator or employees of Justmommies. You may express opposing viewpoints but we want our members to feel safe from abuse. Please take the time to read your posts before you hit the post button and make sure that your posts are worded in a respectful nature. If you choose to send profanity, personal insults, or any other abusive messages to an administrator, moderator or user, your account will be permanently banned from Justmommies.
- We don’t allow posts that contain material you do not own. Before posting any information that is not your own original work of authorship, you must obtain the consent of the copyright owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information will be held solely responsible.
- You may not use our forums for recruiting members to other forums. This includes posts, emails, or private messages saying “email me” or “instant message me” in the context of recruiting members to another forum. Justmommies is an open community. Members are welcome to post on other sites but we do not allow members to use Justmommies to poach members for another forum site. While you may post links to helpful articles or informational sites, you may not post links to competing forums.
- We don’t allow posts by vendors that are directly promoting their services, including linking to their website, spam, solicitations for money, charitable causes, or other products including diapers, formula, coupons, etc.
- You should post appropriate topics on our forums. Controversial topics should be posted on the Heated Debates forum, or they will otherwise be moved to the debate board or locked at the sole discretion of Justmommies.
- You may not “stir the pot” or post disruptive posts on the forums. Justmommies is a supportive community, and any posts that are made simply to “stir the pot” or be disruptive will be removed.
- We do not allow multiple accounts to be registered at Justmommies (without administrator’s permission). We do not allow impersonating another member’s identity, stealing photos from others, or fictitious posting.
- We assume no responsibility for any transactions made between members.
- We reserve the right to ban users who violate these guidelines or our Terms of Service. Depending on the severity of violation and other circumstances, the user may first receive a warning via email or may be permanently banned without warning.
Justmommies has signature guidelines restricting signatures to 600x600 pixels. The reason this is set is because of load time on our pages. Huge signatures slow down the time pages load quite dramatically. Therefore, signatures should stay within these guidelines. Signatures can contain any number of images, tickers, blinkies, etc., as long as they stay within 600 pixels x 600 pixels total size. You may include a link to your business in your signature. However, the following guidelines must be followed for any business links:
- You may include a small text link and a fifty word description. The font size should be no longer than a size three font. Larger font sizes will be edited or removed.
- To include a business link in your signature you must be a member of Justmommies community for at least 30 days and have at least 50 posts. All other links will be removed. We do not allow links to competing forums.
- Images promoting your business are not allowed.
Members may include signatures that are political or controversial in nature. We try to allow members the opportunity to express themselves with their signatures; however, signatures must not insult racial, ethnic or religious groups. Removal of political signatures is at the sole discretion of Justmommies administrators.
Members may include photos of stillborn babies in their signatures. These signatures are generally used on the pregnancy loss section of our forums but may be used on other forums on the site. If you are not comfortable viewing such photos, please turn off signatures at Justmommies. If you need help with doing this please contact an administrator or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take Care with Specific Personal Information
When posting, be aware that this is a public forum. Do not post personal information about yourself. If for some reason a member should choose to delete their account from Justmommies or their member account is banned, we will not be responsible for removing any pictures, posts, or other personal information from the forums.
Respect Our Moderators/Hosts
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by Justmommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!