Getting Started With Digital Scrapbooking
With the advent of digital cameras has come the newest hobby for women, digital scrapbooking. Digital scrapbooking is similar to traditional scrapbooking but there is no mess, no paper, no cutting, and no trips to the store for scrapbooking supplies. Digital scrapbooking allows you to create unique ensembles of your pictures that can be stored on your computer or printed out to create a paper scrapbook.
What do you need to get started with digital scrapbooking?
There are a few must haves for digital scrapbooking.
- A digital camera
- Microsoft Digital Image Suite)
- A little creativity, some patience, and that’s about it!
Which photo editing program should you choose?
There are quite a few programs out there to pick from. Before you spend a ton of money on a program, here are some things you should consider.
- Are you a beginner or have you had some experience with graphic programs or other challenging programs? If you are a beginner, you may want to purchase an easy/user friendly program such as Adobe Elements or Corel Paint Shop Pro. Both are great programs for beginners to start with. If you have experience with graphics, web design software, or other challenging programs, you may want to go ahead and invest the money in a quality professional program like Adobe Photoshop CS2.
- How much money do you want to invest in a photo editing program? If you want to get started but do not have a lot of money to invest in a photo editing program, you might consider purchasing Corel Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Elements, or Microsoft Digital Image Suite. You can find all of these for around a $100 or less. There are also several programs that are on the market just for digital scrapbooking that are priced as low as $30.
- Corel Paint Shop Pro are easy to find as well.
How hard is digital scrapbooking?
Digital scrapbooking is not hard at all. With a quality program and a few simple tutorials, anyone can learn to make a digital scrapbook! Even a child can learn to design the simple layouts. It really is easy! Some of the more complicated page layouts might take some time to learn but digital scrapbooking is not scary or difficult.
Is digital scrapbooking expensive?
It’s only as expensive as you make it! There are plenty of FREE resources out there for digital scrapbooking. Free online tutorials are available, free page layouts are available, and Justmommies has a free forum for learning how to scrapbook or digital scrapbook.
Where can I learn to digital scrapbook?
If you are thinking of digital scrapbooking, want to see what a page layout looks like, or want to talk to other women that scrapbook, take a look at Justmommies Digital Scrapbooking forum for advice on getting started.