View Single Post
April 30th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
Brandi - If it goes the way my midwife assisted horpital birth went, you will love it... It was just like a home birth (I never saw a doctor... and the only time I saw a nurse was when the midwife checked me in and when I left the room with my baby and they all said congratulations to me!!)

The room was nice, I had a nice jacuzzi tub to labour in (which is something I don't have at home) and there was a rocking chair there that my sister got to sit on and rock her new niece to sleep in when Elyssa was just about an hour old!!

Another thing you can do is see if you can do early release, I was able to go home about 3-4 hours after I gave birth!

If I could have had the same experience in this town I'm currently in I would have gone with the same thing again because I knew it worked for me... but unfortunately the midwifery practice I am seeing is still fighting to get hospital priviledges, so I would have to have shared care with a doctor and the midwife would be nothing but a doula... so for me Home birth was the better option!