View Single Post
December 1st, 2005, 04:46 PM
JennL
Here's some sticky dust! I actually agree that you should have your hcg levels monitored as well. From all that i've read, as well as been told by my OB, your hormone levels do not begin to taper off until the beginning of the second trimester when the placenta takes over, so that means that you could have them monitored still for a couple of weeks and get a more accurate idea of what's going on.

As far as the symptoms, it's hard to say. When I miscarried, I lost my symptoms completely almost overnight (most notably the sore boobs). You've said that yours are still sore, just not as often - which I would think is still a good sign.

Best thing is to get in contact with your doctor and express your concerns. See if they'll check your hcg levels. Here's an excerpt I found regarding hcg levels:"One important thing to remember is that on average hCG levels double approximately every two days from 4-6 weeks LMP, then doubles every 3 days when the level is 1600-6000, then the doubling slows to every 4 days or so. Levels peak a week or two before end of the first trimester (14 weeks LMP) before declining in the second trimester." - so also keep in mind that if they do check your hcg levels that they may not double every two days, but may be around every 4 days, so don't be alarmed. There's a few websites that i've found that will calculate your doubling time from two given hcg level checks as well which I found useful.

Best of luck - my thoughts are with you! and please keep us posted