Topic: VERO!!
View Single Post
May 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
Awww thanks!! I'm waiting to get the paperwork from the midwife to be able to tell you a more detailed birth story because to be honest everything happened so quick and I didn't know what was going on most of the time lol...

The short of it is that she was born at home (land birth) at 8:15pm (I think!! lol) after about 3 hours of active labour (and an extra 12 hours of boring run of the mill contractions lol) She was out in about 3 pushes onces I decided to start pushing lol... I was ready to push for a bit before then but I just couldn't get myself to do it.

I have minimal bleeding and felt great enough after the birth that I stayed up and chatted with DH, checked my Facebook etc.

Delilah latched on to the breast like a champ... and though we have a bit of problems with what I refer to as "evil boob" (lol the boob that ELyssa always hated) she is making great progress and will drink from both boobs.... so far she's a very happy and quiet baby....

Oh and she weighed 7lbs 15oz, which is a far cry from the 9lbs and some that the doctor I saw was predicting...

like I said I'll post a more detailed story later... Now I think I will either wake her up to eat or pump... (haven't decided how I want to handle this yet)