View Single Post
May 2nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
Well I have now done a midwife assisted hosp[ital birth and a home birth and to be honest I loved both birth experiences pretty equally... the difference for me has been the after birth... I found it sooo much easier to settle in to a routine this time around! It just felt so much more "right" like she's always been around!! Last time in the hospital all I could think of is I wanted all this after birth stuff to be done with so that I could discharge and go home (I went home 3 hours after giving birth) This time I was able to just lie back on my own bed with my baby in my arms and let everything happen around me...

Another thing is that DH was not able to participate in much of the birth because we didn't have anyone to watch Elyssa and so he stayed downstairs with her and they both just peeked in every now and then... well if it had been a hospital birth DH would not have been able to be involved AT ALL and probably would have had to take Elyssa home and stay home with her... so we are happy this was the way it worked out...