View Single Post
May 8th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Jennifer the Momma
Oh wow Heather, what a beast! I can't believe she said that to you. Sounds like the comments I got from my mom, MIL, and SFIL when I was close with Trupie. NONE of them thought I could do it natural (and I didn't-but you know the whole story). I am VERY touch sensitive, as a matter of fact, rubbing for more than 2 seconds makes me want to vomit. Seriously. When I was in labor with Ele, Trupe would touch me if I asked, but it seemed like almost immediately sometimes I'd have to ask him to move. He was cool with it, he knows my skin issues. I was fine though. And I'm a pain wussy too. But I still did it! And you can too Heather. You can. You can. You can. Praying that you get that doula! That would just be SO AWESOME!!!

ETA: Oh yeah, remember what I said and make sure you dh is watching the doctor like a HAWK to make sure you are cut-free. And make sure you BOLD it in your birth plan and go over it with everyone you can. FWIW, I did a little perineal massage with Trupie, but ended up with an unnecessary episiotomy. With Ele I did NO perineal massage and didn't even tear (I had an interior skid mark from her coming down so fast). So yeah. Just remember that laying flat on your back stretches the perineum unnaturally, so if they make you lay down, DEMAND to lay on your side.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.