View Single Post
May 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Veteran
My name is Tristan I just found this part of the JM forum and my dd Shayla is four now and was diagnosed shortly after birth with severe GERD. We found out the cause of hers and she is now doing wonderfuly. When she was born she twisted as her shoulders were coming out (right as the doctor yanked on her). I didn't think anything about it at the time nor in the two stressful years following. She was diagnosed with reflux before she was even one month old and was promptly put on 2 different meds. Things weren't working and she screamed a lot and threw up a lot and was just pretty miserable and in a lot of pain. When she was 2 and a half we took her to Primary Childrens hospital in Utah and they gave us different meds to try and a new diet to try, but none of it worked and they just wanted to throw more meds at her. (She tried Zantac, Reglan, Phenergan, Previcid, and Prilosec). We finally found a chiropractor that does something a little different. He works with the muscles and massages them into place (and trains them) so that them hold the spine in the right place. Anyway we found this dr. and he was amazing within about a month she was no longer in pain and she was vastly improving. He said that the way she twisted when she was born tightened the muscles in her back and were curving her spine, right where it would send the messages between the brain and the stomach. If we hadn't had it figured out she would have ended up with multiple sclrosis. Now all of our children have had their spines checked and when I have this next one I will take the baby in to be checked. We spent several long years battling with the constant hunger and the screaming. We are grateful that we have figured things out for our little girl she is so much happier now that she is no long in such horrible pain.