View Single Post
December 5th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Super Mommy
I'm waffeling ladies, and just don't know what to do.
Just a little back story: I miscarried on June 29th of this year. I had an ultrasound the week before where the Dr. told me that my gestational sac was irregular and I would miscarry. I found another dr. for a second opinion, had another u/s, saw the heartbeat, but later that day began spotting. Went to the ER, had yet another u/s where they discovered that the baby's heart was no longer beating, and then had a d&c the following day, due to very heavy bleeding.
My dr.'s office called today, and scheduled my ultrasound next Monday. At first I was happy about getting in so quickly, but now i'm rethinking it! I will be 5 weeks and 4 days which might be far enough along to see something, but possibly not. So I guess that I don't really want to do it, I don't want to know, I don't want an impending miscarriage hanging over my head like it did last time. I just want to be as happy as I am now for as long as I can be. At the same time, if I had the u/s and they saw something abnormal I could go ahead and schedule the d&c and get it over with before Christmas.....So what would you do??

Thanks for reading if you got this far!!!!!
Jack Oliver 8/4/06