What would you do?
View Single Post
December 6th, 2005, 07:51 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss, and know how long lasting the after-effects can be. Like has been previously said, I too would wait until you're at least 7 weeks before you get an ultrasound. At this date, you should still be able to gat an u/s prior to Christmas if you wanted, just not so early on that they won't be able to see anything.
Most doctors that I had talked to wouldn't even do an u/s prior to 7 weeks because you really can't see anything and usually it's too early for there to normally even be a heartbeat. I went at exactly 7 wks with this pregnancy and they were able to see the h/b w/the external u/s so I even was able to avoid having the vaginal u/s that i'd had to have with the prior two that i'd lost.
I too hope that you will be as happy as you are now! Please keep us posted