View Single Post
May 15th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah, Heather, I totally remember that! Drove me crazy! I had a hard time hanging around my DDC much because of it. My own sister didn't want a baby around Christmas, she was due the 23rd so she was induced 2 weeks early. But you talk to her and she says "Good thing I was induced because she was 8 lbs!" So there is a chance she could have come completely on her own? I don't like that so many women say things like, "Oh I have to be induced because I never go through labor on my own." More often it is that they aren't allowed to even have the chance to go through labor on their own.

Where I live there are always tons of pregnant girls. After I had Lindsey and had her natural and all the moms thought I was bonkers, there was a mom who was pregnant with her 4th and had gone through 3 natural births before. She was older, but still healthy and fine. All the women in the neighborhood were quote, "SO MAD at her midwife because she wasn't being induced when she was 41 weeks." She was a smart and awesome woman who said the baby will come when he is ready. 42 weeks and he came, only 7 lbs! If they had taken him before, he could have been in real trouble. It drives me crazy that I live in such an unprogressive state where all the moms just hand over their will, body and baby without question. One mom told me, "Oh, my doctor is the BEST! He induces all his pregnant moms without fail at 39 weeks. He says it is just way too hard on a pregnant mom to go all the way to 40 weeks. Why be miserable when the technology is there so you don't have to be?" I thought my jaw would hit the floor! What's his name so I can be sure to never be HIS patient?! And all the other women just nod with acceptance. Yep, what a GREAT doctor. And sadly another mom was more open to some of that stuff, but with her second she just said she was too nervous to do it and ended up with a c-section. Afterwards she told me, "I wish I could say it wasn't that bad. But it was the most horrible experience I have ever been through and I will do anything to not have to do that again." How sad is that?!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!