View Single Post
May 15th, 2008, 07:58 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
I was induced with both of my kids for no medically necessary reason. The first was convenience. I was induced too hard, too fast and it damaged my pelvic floor for life. As a result of the labor, I pushed for 3 hours and he was suctioned out so I was cut a 4th degree episiotomy.

With my second, my dr wanted to induce. Scotty was due October 12 and he was born September 29th! So he was 2 weeks early! That time I was induced the correct way. It was an easy labor, but the damage from the first time had already been done. I now have pelvic organ prolapse - and I attribute it completely to the poor way I was misinformed and allowed to be induced for absolutely no reason.

However, after reading some of the other posts, I did want to add that Scotty was born at 37 weeks, 5 days by induction and weighed 7'11oz and Bryce was born at 38 weeks and weighed 7'3oz, so had I gone on to 40 weeks or beyond, I could have had 9 pounds babies! EEK! I guess for that reason, and that reason only, I am glad I did get induced. I am not sure I could physically give birth to a 9 pound baby.