View Single Post
May 15th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was induced with Jared at 40 weeks. I don't think it was medically neccesary, looking back, but I was in a great deal of continuous pain (back & hips) and his movement was very slow. My doctor suggested it, and I figured since I was 40 weeks it would be ok. My labor with the induction was incredibly painful. Much more painful than going into labor naturally with Jack. Jared was 7 lbs 9 oz. Afterward I decided that I would NEVER be induced again unless it was a medical neccesity. Well, I ended up being induced with Justin 5 days early because of high blood pressure. We tried everything to get it down, but nothing worked. I really really didn't want to be induced again, but my doctor said that with my blood pressure as high as it was the best thing to do is go ahead and get the baby. He was 7 lbs 7 oz. My blood pressure went back to normal almost immediately.

I went into labor on my own a week late with Jack. A friend of mine was due about a month after me. She was induced (for no medical reason) the same day I went into labor with Jack. From what I understand her labor was miserable. He wouldn't come down (duh, he wasn't ready!) so they used the suction to get him.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*