Topic: Panic Button
View Single Post
May 16th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went ahead and went in to the ER...but this time they sent me straight over to L&D, which was a new thing for me....I guess that is because I am past 21 weeks???

Anyway, my OB happened to be on call-thankfully. I could barely walk and was and still am just miserable. My OB wanted an u/s which showed absolutely nothing wrong. Which is great news, but seriously, I know I am not that big of a wimp! I would rather have been in labor than go through this pain I am having. I have never experienced anything like this before with my other three. Of course that was quite a long time ago and before tubal ligation and tubal reversal surgery. Placenta previa is still complete previa....baby is breech which is why I always feel his kicking way below my belly button. My cervix is still thick 4 and half cm or something and I am not dilating...whew!

Then he tells me that he thinks this is just RLP!!! I swear I looked at him like I was going to kill him! I said, "Are you SERIOUS????" So I was incredibly embarrassed to say the least. Then he tells me to take it easy. WHAT??? (Let me back up here a little bit) I have been really sick with the coughing/breathing difficulty 2 or 3 weeks ago, which has resolved now, then I had a migraine for two days, and now this pain for a few days??? Do you honestly think I have been running marathons??? NO! Long story short...I have not been doing ANYTHING barely at all for the last 3-4 weeks because I feel/felt like garbage. SO......how do you take it easier than easy??? I got frustrated and started crying....I told him that I don't have time for this! I have things to do!"

So I told him that I wanted him to do the C-section right at 37 weeks. He said that if I was this miserable at 37 weeks, and consented to an amnio to check the lung maturity, then we would do that if the baby's lungs were mature enough.

Apparently I am the world's biggest baby, or I have a record set for the WORST round ligament pain in history. Please don't misunderstand at all, I am not ungrateful for this pregnancy, I am just tired of being sick and feeling this severe pain. This has been an awful pregnancy thus far, and I am beyond frustrated-especially without DH here.....I just want this to be over and get to the happy outcome at the end.

I am feeling so BLAH and I doubt myself more now than ever when it comes to going to the ER ever again in my life. I am really trying to stay positive, but am having a hard time....thanks for letting me vent, girls. I am so darn emotional right now..