Topic: Been MIA
View Single Post
May 24th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't worry. We understand. I tried to take a break from things for a while, but it just didn't work out that way. Renewed hope, maybe? I don't know.

Has your DH thought about what company he's going to drive for? Will you be riding with him? If you have any questions about any trucking related things, (companies, policies, truck stops, whatever) I can probably help you out! You can PM me if you like. I rode with my trucker for a couple of years, and I learned quite a bit.

If you do ride with him, be sure to take something to do! The scenery is wonderful for a while, but once you've gone through the same stretch of highway 20 times, it gets a little old. Plus, in some places, there just isn't much to look at. I would read books to DH. It really helped to pass the time on the boring stretches.

A little piece of advice: If you are from the United States (I just realized that I don't know where you live) he goes with a company that runs to Canada, and you ride with him, make sure you take your license with you!