View Single Post
May 27th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ah, yes, I understand when the ILs want exactly the same relationship your parents have with your child but can't! My parents make the effort, they drive 4 hours pretty much every other weekend to stay connected with my son. My ILs moved to AZ (we live in IN) when we got married and they visit every 3 or more months (they visited in March and aren't coming again until Aug) and my MIL just can't understand why he likes my parents so well! And why he doesn't know her. Another reason would be that my mom talks to him on the phone almost every day and my MIL never does! Nor do we have any pictures of them to put up etc. So I understand all that sooo well. At some point you've got to say that you're sorry, that's just the way it is. Repeat that they are welcome to invest more time in her life so she's not scared but until that point, be it they take the time or she's old enough not to be scared, you aren't leaving her with them. period. Sometimes it never gets through to them and you've just got to move on and deal with it. Good luck!