View Single Post
December 13th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Super Mommy
I grew up knowing Santa didn't exist and Christmas was the most amazing time for me too. I couldn't imagin being more excited Christmas morning and it had nothing to do w/ Santa. If my child ever asked me if there's such a thing as Santa I'd ask him if he believed there is and if he said yes then I'd say that's what's important then and that it's all about imagination. The spirit of Christmas is whatever one makes of it and it's not based on the idea of Santa. When people think of Christmas many things come to mind. I think of the smell of a Christmas tree personally. As a child I loved knowing my mom was the one who bought me all those great gifts. We'd always make a day (or 2 or 3!) of going shopping together for presents and she'd give me cash to buy the gifts I needed to buy. Then we'd go home and spend hours wrapping them. I'd wake up Christmas morning between 5am-7am and go wake her up then we'd sit in our jammies and open gifts for an hour or so and have hot cinnamon tea and then sit around all day watching movies and playing games. Those were awesome tmes and Santa wasn't involded in any of it and couldn't had made any of it any better.