View Single Post
May 28th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Thanks for your reply Brandy. Do you recommend buying a birth kit LIKE THIS or did you just use common household items for tying off and cutting the cord and such? I've heard people recommend both ways, and not sure what all I'll need to have when the time comes.

We had discussed seeing our family doctor throughout the pregnancy and just being very honest with him about having an unassisted home birth from the beginning. (so that he doesn't question why I'm not seeing an OB/GYN). I think that will work out for us. I think DH and I both kind of want an ultrasound done (once I get pregnant of course) and I wonder about the GD screening. I was borderline both times before according to my doctor, but I also don't think the test was accurate. I got physically sick during the test BOTH times in the past. I thought that made the test invalid.

Are there risks to having UC at home if you have GD other than just the fact that the baby can be a larger baby? (still in research mode here as you can see. lol)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!