View Single Post
June 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Regular
This is my first post and I wanted to say thanks for your story. I think it helped me have hope. My husband and I got pregnant only after 3 months of trying and we were so happy. We even conceived on our 6th wedding anniversary. The due date was 10/27/08. We went to our first ultrasound where we were so excited to hear the heartbeat, on 3/18. That's when we found out I was miscarrying. It feel like yesterday. I still remember it so vividly. I never knew this was so common until I started talking to people. EVERYBODY had a story to tell. The hard part is my friend conceived on almost the exact same day as we did, so we were going to go through this together. Now she's continuing and I'm not. This Friday she finds out the sex of the baby, when I know I'd be finding out soon. My baby never had a chance. I'll never know if it was a boy or a girl. Plus, I work in an office where there are 2 preg woman--one I share a very small office with. It's hard seeing all these women get pregnant when they don't mean to (case for one of the girls I work with) and when my husband and I want one we lose it. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it. We officially started trying again last month and I was so sad when it didn't happen that first try. I know I can't get my hopes up, but it's so hard. We just finished with our last try so I'm hoping. We'll find out on Friday the 13th-hope that's not a bad omen! Part of me is so scared to get pregnant again, just as you were saying. I think I'm going to be on pins and needles, afraid of everything I do, don't do, eat, or don't eat. The first trimester I'll be a wreck! Pregnancy shouldn't be like that. It should be a happy time. I didn't think this was something I'd ever have to worry about. Thanks for listening. Hope you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy.

~Vi

After 2 1/2 years of trying & 2 miscarriages, all it took to get pregnant was to buy a house and stop trying! Looks like the 3rd time is the charm!

February 2, 2011