Topic: New here
View Single Post
June 4th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just from my experience (I am probably not very helpful! lol)....
The itch hasn't gotten any better for us and she is almost 4! She started with atopic dermatitis @3 months old. She is on Atarax (antihistamine) and it doesn't seem to help much. We have also tried Zyrtec.

I don't use Dreft b/c it has a scent-it says hypoallergenic, but I am just not too sure with that. I use Cheer Free (In a white bottle) and it's been working just fine. I also stay away from Fabric Softeners. (Never knew there was a Bounce Free)

I never had luck with Huggies. I tried with my 2nd child and it would turn her leg blue (from the diaper). Pampers are my diaper choice. But hey, to each their own! We didn't deal with diaper area issues.

I also use Aveeno Lotion too. Eucerin and Cetaphil are good lotions also. Eucerin is quite sticky though. Sounds like you are on the right path, I hope the Dr can get you some answers!

Not too sure about the pool question since my daughter has very sensitive/pale skin I try not to venture outside for long. She hasn't been swimming yet and she is almost 4!! Our last allergy appt they told me she was pretty much allergic to the sun! (she has had many bad rashes on her arms that are exposed to the sun) In our case it is safe to use sunblock. We haven't had problems with it.

Just an FYI Allergies, Eczema and Asthma sometimes run hand in hand. You could have one and not another, or you could have all 3. In our case, we have all 3. Maybe once the Doctors diagnose the Eczema you could check into having an allergy test done.

My daughter didn't have an allergy test done until she was 2. I soooo wish we would have had one sooner b/c we found out she had MANY allergies, including milk and soy.

How was the appointment?

One more thing to add

You could also put 1% hydrocortisone on the breakout spots (not on face) That helped my 2nd daughter when she was 4 months old. Aquaphor also worked on her face. So far my 2nd daughter hasn't shown any signs she will have the same problems as my 1st except for a dry spot in the bends of her arms from time to time. Our ped put her on Nutramigen at birth "in case" she has allergies like my 1st.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weidFbf/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>