Topic: New here
View Single Post
June 5th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Veteran
Thanks for the info. The doctors appointment was not very helpful. I've healed up most of it with the lotion so he didn't really see what I was talking about. He said it is a type of skin contact allergy because of all the tree pollen in the air. I tried to explain that she has had this since she was 2 mos old, which was in January when there was no tree pollen but that didn't seem to make a difference. He said it was in the same family as eczema but not a life long eczema. He told me to use the hydrocortisone cream.

So for now I'm going to try the cream and keep doing what I am with the lotion. He also said I can give her Benadryl at night to help her sleep. So far since I've been doing the lotion she has finally been sleeping good. I'm just going to keep an eye on it and if it doesn't get better soon I'm going to take her to an allergist or dermatologist. I know that she has a lactose intolerance but that is all. I'm going to switch the laundry detergent. I found the bounce sheets at Babies R Us if you are interested in that. I also saw chlorine free diapers there, I wasn't sure if that would be helpful or not. We tried both Pampers and Huggies so far.

Even with it clearing up she is still scratching a lot especially at bath and diaper change time, I'm not looking forward to the summer with trying to keep her cool and keep her from scratching her legs up.

Thanks again!