Topic: Sono Results
View Single Post
February 20th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Well, I have irregular periods and I usually seem to get pregnant about the time my period is due. With the boys I had my first ultrasound at what I thought was 16 wks but the boys only measured 12. I'm glad i didn't have an early ultrasound, cause they probably wouldn't have seen a heartbeat and I would have been worried too. I had a miscarriage in June and for whatever reason that seemed to straighten out my periods and I got pregnant at the point in my cycle where most women do this past Sept.

Since she has irregular periods I would try to be optimistic and go for a followup ultrasound. i would also call the dr and ask to have quantative hcg tested and monitored every few days to make sure its increasing as it should. They should about double every 2-3days. if they are going down instead of up she is miscarrying. that seems to be the most reliable way to know early on when ultrasounds don't show much yet. Ask for HCG monitoring. Its just a blood test. Best of luck.