View Single Post
June 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Technically youre not doing anything wrong by having an UC, so CPS isnt really an issue. Also, prenatal & postnatal care arent required either. Youre seeing a care provider during your pg, so you have proof of pg, so obtaining a BC wont be an issue either - in many states all you need is a witness to being pg and a witness at the birth, even if its just your DH.

We did something similar - we used an illegal (lay) midwife, and while we got ob care, we never registered at the hospital, and never showed up. I called that day but only to cancel the appt I had that day lol. I todl them i had the baby & they gave me the option of coming in. Honestly I would NOT take a newborn that was well to the hospital - theyll likely hospitalize you both. IMO, I would see an OB or midwife in their office and refuse hospitalization UNLESS theres a problem... you dont want to expose a healthy baby to germs of a hospiital if you dont have to esp since baby isnt being born there. As for baby - the ped should see him, if not - then call around. Our ped refused to see our baby, for his own liability's sake (cop out IMO) but there were plenty other peds more than willing to see our baby and we didnt lie about our choice to stay home to the ped. By that point, it was done & over.

You shoudl be fine.... I dont see why CPS would get involved or where theyd have the right to (then again, they stick their noses in all kinds of things but unless they can show you did something other than birth at home that risked your babys health, then you likely wont be worrying about that).

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>