View Single Post
June 14th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you're feeling a little better now - and couldn't agree more about your birth educating them only after the fact. My MIL is older (early 70s) and was *terrified* of my having my baby at home - she just knew something terrible would happen to us both. She was horrified when she showed up after Amelia was born and learned that she was born in a pool. But even she had to come around when she saw how calm and happy everything was after the fact, and heard what a wonderful experience I had.

My mom was a little hesitant at first, but she came around to the idea most easily of anyone...and now she loves to brag to anyone who'll listen about how her kid gave birth to a 9 lb, 6 oz baby in her living room!

I hope your family will come around as well - even if it is only after the fact. I would say, just don't discuss them with it any more than you have to. They know your plans, let it go at that. If they insist on bringing it up, let them know that you will not debate the issue and upset yourself - that THAT is much more harmful to yourself and your baby than birthing at home. Be firm with them, and surround yourself with as many positive people as you can. And rant to us any time.

Best of luck!!