View Single Post
December 28th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Hi! I know some of you from some of the other JM boards, but thought I'd come over here due to new circumstances.

DH and I have had some trouble with TTC. Almost 3 years ago, I found out I was pregnant, unexpectedly, and under some pretty terrible circumstances. I was shocked, since I'd been told that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant, ever. At 21 1/2 weeks, though, we found out that the baby was small and the heartbeat was failing and I had to have a D&E. We started TTC soon after. Over the next 2 years, we went for a long time without getting pregnant (to our knowledge), then suffered at least 2 miscarriages and 1 chemical pregnancy, though our doc thinks that it might be more. I had my September pregnancy confirmed, but at 13 DPO, my hCG was 35. At 16 DPO, 75, I think. BARELY doubling in 72 hours. I miscarried at 7 weeks.

SO, I'm pregnant again, and obviously worried (who among us isn't?), even though everything looks much better. I am 4w4d today. At 13 DPO, my hCG was 167 and my progesterone was 24.78. At 17 DPO, hCG was 619. Given different times of day and such, my doubling rate is about 49 hours, which is apparently good (though, of course, I would hope for better-than-textbook doubling). I'm still terrified that I could miscarry, even though this one seems to be off to a much better start. I had to have methotrexate for the last miscarriage, too, and that has been affecting my symptoms, I'm sure.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and open it up for advice, comments, suggestions. I thank all of you in advance for keeping me sane as I tiptoe my way through this one!!!