Topic: Introduction
View Single Post
July 3rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Platinum Super Mega Mommy
August 9th is a good day, a Leo, strong character... I would know

As far as being nice, that's a good thing, I am one of those people when it comes to my son w/ my ex, but be careful. I was nice EXPECTING my ex to be nice in return & when you don't get the nice in return, well...you can't get mad & say "well I was nice about this so you should be about that".... which is why I was burnt a lot. So just proceed w/ caution. We've experienced that a lot w/ my DH's ex as well...when she is nice, she's always up to no good & when we try to be nice, she takes advantage of things.

As far as letting your child go for that long time frame (beyond the court order)...as long as you are comfortable & the child is fine, then I think you are doing a good thing. Your preggers right now & having all those hormones, it can be challenging, especially in the hot summer months. This is the time to RELAX & prepare. I hope that all turns out well & the siblings get along.

My DS didn't like & still has issues w/ my 2nd child b/c he was the culprit to losing his "space" (his place in my life as #1), but now that we had more children, he's fine. We're working on that. There are lots of surprises that a child can throw your way. Hopefully things will come together easily, if not we're always here to vent w/ & I'd recommend child/family therapy, it's helped w/ my son immensly.

Have a great weekend!
~C