View Single Post
July 19th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Tammy I'm sorry you're getting that reaction.

What goes through my head is that seeing sigs of live babies upsets *me*. I look at them every day. They know it upsets me - and others who have had losses - but it's understandable. I don't require them to not post pictures of their children. And, well, Devin is my child. It may cause other people to feel weird. But he's MY son just as much as someone else's child is theirs. Leaving him out of my sig would make me feel horrible... how could I not include him? I am a mother. I birthed him. He is my firstborn. And anyone who doesn't get that just isn't worthy of my time or consideration.

Also I would say, I know they don't understand if they haven't experienced it - and I hope they never DO experience it. I know they don't see it as a big deal. But it is a big deal. It's a HUGE deal. This grief is overwhelming, and awknowledging my son in my sig is one small way that makes me feel a little better. It's one small thing that makes me think maybe I will get through this. And they are asking us to put that aside for their discomfort?

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~