Topic: Feeling down
View Single Post
July 31st, 2008, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Shannon - I have had MANY days like you are describing & I really didn't believe I would ever get there. I do hear you. I also think it IS healthy & normal to feel like this at times as long as it isn't ALL the time.

Let's talk about worst case scenario - that you go with your back-up plan of adopting.....it doesn't mean you don't get all of the things you want - you just get them differently. First of all there all kinds of adoptions - and if you end up doing a direct adoption you may very well get to go to ultrasounds & bond with the baby before it is born. Then the baby shower can be the same of course. As weird as it may sound - you CAN breastfeed an adopted baby if that means a lot to you & there are support groups & books & websites to assist you in making that a reality. The truth is that an adopted baby may not be born from your womb, but they ARE born from your heart. IF that were to be your path I have absolutely NO doubt that you would adore that child just as much even if you did not birth them.

On the rest of your post...I absolutely think this is likely Clomid related. Any hormone fluctuation can wreak havoc on us. I think it's normal to feel doubtful, bluesy, etc. Hang in there girlie - it will all be worth it when you get that sticky bean!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet