Topic: Feeling down
View Single Post
August 1st, 2008, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hormones are brutal, Shannon, but "extra" hormones can really throw you for a loop. Hang in there. I remember being an emotional mess on the progesterone (poor DH). It's going to be hard on you for a while, but you're strong and you have all of us here to support you as well. So when you can't be strong for yourself, come lean on us and we'll help you.

I wish I could come to Houston and give you hugs...but we'd sweat and stick together so that doesn't sound like it would help much. (hopefully that at least helped you crack a smile)

I learned a lot about my faith during my losses. I learned that I didn't realize what faith really was until that's all I had. I took a day, went to a beautiful and serene place (Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage, MO), and sat outside studying my Bible and reading "random" scriptures. God really spoke to me that day and showed me His comfort and strength. From that point on, I'd go to Him first when I was down and He'd pick me up (an unexpected call from a friend, a butterfly landing on my arm, the perfect post on JM, etc.). So lean on Him, trust in Him, and let Him carry your burden. My favorite scripture from this time has been in my siggy ever since. It was one I could recite when my world was crashing down around me and it always pulled me back up. Maybe you can find one that touches your heart like this did mine.

Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10