Friday Five for Soon to be moms.
View Single Post
August 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM
Join Date: Jul 2008
1. Do you plan to have a medicated or unmedicated birth? My thoughts on this have changed since giving birth to my son. I planned on an unmedicated birth but then ended up being given pit because my water broke but I wasn't dilated or thinning and labor being hooked to an IV and baby monitor wasn't what I had been planning. The pit also made the contractions really strong without much of a break in between. I had some IV meds but HATED the way they made me feel and they didn't really cut the pain that much. I finally gave in and got an epidural which I never thought I would do but it actually was a really good thing for me. So this time going in I am going to once again go unmedicated for as much as possible (maybe with a 2nd child labor will be quicker and I'll make it all the way) but I may end up with an epidural again. I do not want the IV drugs though.
2. Will you breastfeed or formula feed? Breastfeed (I am still BF my 7 month old but I am planning to wean him around a year so that should give me about 4 months before this one is born. I have found BF to be really convenient.
3. Whats your thoughts on an episotomy? I had one with my DS and didn't have any problems. My doctor and I have talked about it and he knows I'd rather not have one but in the case of my DS it was choosing between having an episotomy or having to use forceps because his heartrate was dropping and it had been a really long labor on him so they wanted to get him out as quickly as possible. I didn't have any problems healing and my postpartum recovery was much easier than I expected it would be.
4. Where would you like to give birth at? Same hospital as my DS
5. When do you think you will go into labor early/on time/late? I was 3 days early with DS but I plan on going late so that I'm not to disappointed if the due date comes and goes but DS coming early was a nice surprise.
Ruth - Wife to Scott, Mommy to Will (12/2007), James (3/2009), Ellie (11/2010), & Faith (9/2012)
View Public Profile
Find all posts by GiftsfromGod