Topic: 2 Questions
View Single Post
March 2nd, 2005, 12:10 PM
KitKat
"
Hi Kitkat,

My husband and I found out on Jan 14th that we are expecting our first child. I wanted to respond to you because I am very high risk and in the pass I have thrown 13 blood clots to my lungs and main pulmonary artery. Needless to say, I am lucky to be here. I have been on Coumadin ever since (2002) but now that I am pregnany, I can not be on that blood thinner drug. However, I will be put on Louvenox which is an injectable bloodthinner once a day and will not harm the baby. They said I most likely will start the injections on the 20th week but I meet with a maternal high risk group in a few weeks and they will discuss what I need and maybe start me earlier.

Hope this helps.

M."

Thanks for the info. This does not make me feel better... Injections??? As in needles??? When my OB/GYN said I may have to be put on bloodthinners for my pg - I thought he meant pills (I too had 4 bloodclots in my lung and was on Coumadin for 6 months). I didn't realize that I would have to give myself injections. I am such a wuss when it comes to needles