View Single Post
August 20th, 2008, 11:12 AM
KimberlyD0
my family wasn't that supportive of BFing either. Specially when I wasn't able to do it for multiple reasons the first time. Thus starting them into "I told you so's" As if it proved that they were right and I was wrong.

I have since had my second and after a fight we have made it 3 months EBF. A feat I never thought I would reach. I have now shown my family that I was right after all.

I've found that with them info itself is not enough. They would have the answer to everything kwim

Results have ultamitly been the only thing that can change there mind.

I made my beliefes and my intentions clear from the start. Built up support from sorces outside of the family and thus made it to this point.

Unfortunitly sometimes thats really all you can do.

I use a BF cloke when I BF in public or around my parents. More for me then anyone else. LOL I don't want anyone seeing my bits, or worse my tummy nut till I tone it I do find it helps.

Now that DD is 3 months and gaining well, happy and well ajusted they've backed off and are actually coming around quiet a lot.

I don't know the situation, but if they have had negative assosiations with BFing in the past that can be hard to over come. Maybe you can be the one to make it possitive now.

Congrats on the new LO and good luck to you.