Topic: Can I ask?
View Single Post
August 21st, 2008, 05:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Quote:
I have a daughter and a son. My son's father is VERY involved, my son actually stays with him more at the present. My daughter's father, however...
His parents are very involved in her life =) Lol[/b]
Doesn't it make you wonder? I mean, I don't think any of us on the boards here could ever even DREAM about not having contact with our children yet some fathers seem to just write them off mentally. How can they do that? I will never be able to understand that! I go nuts if I don't hear from one of my older kids every few days! And they're all grown up and on their own! (25 and 21) Yet my ex can go for months without seeing Tori (my soon to be 17 yr old daughter) When she does go over to spend the night or weekend, she is ACHING to come home after only a few hours! He goes off and leaves her alone while he and his GF go out to dinner and to a bar or something. Hasn't seen her in 3 months but has no problem leaving her! What is up with that stuff? I don't see her for two days and I am all over that child when she comes home--wanting to talk to her and find out how she is doing, what's she been up to, how she handled this or that. We talk about everything in her life and I am the one she seeks out for advice and a shoulder to cry on....how could he not want that with her? I tell her all the time, it is his loss. Someday he will regret treating her like he does (ther are MUCH worse stories I could tell here on this point) but it doesn't ease the pain of how he makes her feel. How old are your children? Does your daughter feel jealous sometimes that her brother's father spends time with him but her father doesn't spend time with her? Does that cause problems between the two of them? I'm glad that she at least has some of his family showing an interest in her life. Do you get along well with them?
I'm glad you found us here! Looking forward to learning more about you and your children.