View Single Post
August 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy

So, last night we used my car when we went out to dinner (we have two vehicles, mine being the smaller one and better with gas).. Matt didn't pull up his car enough when he came home from work, so in order to get my car in the driveway he'd have to pull his up. Didn't feel like it, so we just parked on the street.. which we've done many times.

We go out this morning to go to BJ's and my ENTIRE driver's mirror was RIPPED off the car. The ENTIRE mirror and panel. It was crushed all over the street, and many feet up. The actual mirror was in one place (under the car?!), the "thing" that holds the mirror several feet from that, the panel that holds the whole mirror was WAY out in the road..

Thank GOD our whole car wasn't hit. They must have been going fast for the mirror and the parts to be so far from the car.. let alone SO smashed up.

Not only do i HATE paying expenses that are NOT my fault (and Lord knows how much it is?), but on a weekend when shops are closed? Oh, and don't forget it's labor day weekend!!! So, nothing is even open on MONDAY. UGH!

We have another car to use, that's not the point. The point is.. we have to pay for this. And my even bigger issue is that people DO this and don't STOP. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I totally broke a mirror off someones car and left. I would feel horrible! If it were in the middle of the night, I would leave my phone # on a note on their car or something. How can people just run INTO a car and drive away (while probably laughing, for all I know).

Thanks for listening to me, though.. that makes me feel somewhat better.... kinda

<div align='left'>----
Angel #1- August '08 (10 weeks)
Angel #2- October '08 (6 weeks)
TTC on hold..

</div>

</div>