View Single Post
September 4th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Don't you just want to scream at them sometimes "If it's such an inconvenience being a parent, I will gladly take over the job...just sign the papers so I can adopt her!" My DH's ex, the , will spend her last dollar out partying rather than sacrifice one bit for her kids. She stops by on her way home from work every payday to get her CS but GOD FORBID she spend ten minutes talking to her own son! (their son lives with us and their three daughters live with her) She sees him for about three minutes every month or two. The kids ALWAYS come AFTER her needs/wants/desires. And here we are sacrificing for the good of the children because we love them and that's what parents do.
I think you're right...the bio-mom put her up to asking you because she knew you would not be able to say no to her. It may be a big inconvenience right now, but someday your DSD will see things for how they are and appreciate you all the more for it. Through all the years of my ex's manipulations and slanderous accusations against me, the one thing that helped me through it without stooping to his level was the knowledge that someday my kids would see things the way they are and not the way he was trying to paint them. It didn't take long. They appreciate me and love me for not doing what he did--as tempting as it was--and calling names and making false accusations against him. Your DSD will appreciate your always being there for her and the fact that she was able to rely on you to pick up the slack where her mother was concerned.