Topic: Quick Update
View Single Post
September 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well things have been quite busy around here. Sophie turned 4 Monday. We had a small birthday party for her Sunday, just family and a few close friends. We did a pot luck type thing as I didn't feel I could do the whole hostess thing well. We had a great time. My mother in law and BIL was 3 hours late of course, but that is par for the course with them. They were to bring salad and bread, so because they were so late NO one ate what they brought. So it was a waste, but who cares. I am sick and tired of waiting and holding things up for them, and I didn't do it this time. Every one had finished eating and we were cutting the cake when they got here.

Sophie started pre school Tuesday. She is going 2 days a week. She loves it, but I feel lost not having her around. Today after I dropped her off I ran to Target and there was a little girl calling for her mama and I could have sworn it was Sophie. I LOVE that she is going, really I do, but it's just a reminder that she is not so little anymore. My baby is such a big girl. Carlos got to go with me to take her the first day of school, which was a treat for him.

Also had a doc appointment Tuesday. Elliot is doing well. I haven't gained any weight. So right now I am sitting at a total of 12 lbs. gain. Signed all my pre op paper work and verified my c section for the 10th at 7:30 am. Went and did all the blood work and stuff. I am still measuring 2 weeks ahead. I have another appointment with my doc the 9th and a pre registration appointment at the hossy the same day.

Yesterday DH's work threw a shower for us. It was very nice and tons of fun! They played some really cute games. We got some really nice things.

Now I am just waiting...either for next Wednesday or sooner to see Elliot. I can't believe she will be here in less than a week. I would love for her to be here now that all my ducks are in a row. I think I am finally ready for her.