View Single Post
March 4th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi. I experienced the exact same thing the first month TTC. I had just gone off BC as well, and that first month, I was positive I was pg. I was nauseated, fatigued, moody, had sore BBs (couldn't stand having my nipples touched, they were so sensative)... everything. Then I got a faint false positive. I was devestated when AF arrived. I didn't realize that those symptoms were from going off the pill.

Try not to worry too much about the cyst. Like the prev post says, all women have a cyst every month; once in a while it doesn't go away, it grows and then ruptures. Usually, it's a one time thing.

My sister has PCOS as well (polycystic ovarian syndrome), same as your sister. It took her about 3.5 yrs to get pg, with fertility help. She's now 6 mos along and doing great. She even had a terrible cyst grown when she was 13 wks pg. They had to put her in the hospital on a morphine drip; couldn't do an X ray b/c of the pg; finally went in for exploratory surgery, and found this massive cyst wrapped around one ovary. It had cut off the blood supply, so the ovary was removed. Her baby did just fine though, and everything is still great. The baby wasn't affected at all. She's a fighter!

So, I figure that she probably had that cyst forming before she was pg, and she still managed to get pg, despite the severity. So I wouldn't worry too much about the ruptured cyst. (Easier said that done, I know!) There's a great chance it was just a one time deal.

Best of luck! I know every month feels like an eternity! It took me 5 mos--I just found out I'm pg--and felt like ages. I know I have no right to complain, b/c so many people take longer than that, but I felt like I was healthy and young, and should be able to get pregnant on cycle 1, like so many of my friends done! I was also worried b/c of my family history of having a hard time getting pg, but it happened! Hang in there! You're in our thoughts.