View Single Post
September 7th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I know we all have had recurrent losses but I thought it would be interesting for us to share our stories for those that don't know.

Here is mine...

Dh and I started TTC a month after our wedding in Nov 06. I got pg our second cycle in Feb. only to go to my 8 wk ultrasound and see an empty black hole. I had a D&C 3 weeks later because I still had not passed the baby. Then we took that cycle off and NTNP the next cycle and got pg again in May 07. I only got to enjoy that one for 4 days before I found out my HCG wasn't rising. I started bleeding and m/c naturally 5 days later. After that my OB ran multiple tests (lupus anticoagulant, anticardiolipin antibodies, antinuclear antibodies, and thyroid stimulating hormone) and we also each had our chromosomes checked. All these tests were normal. I then had an HSG to check the shape of my uterus and my tubes and they were perfectly normal. At this point we were excited and thought that nothing was wrong with me...we thought we had just had bad luck. We began trying after my first cycle

We tried again naturally and on the third cycle we got pg again (ironically the same cycle time last year as this cycle I am on right now). This time seemed perfect. My HCG was doubling perfect and I actually felt sick so I was excited! We again went to our 8wk ulrasound thinking all was well only to see the tiniest little baby with no movement or HB. I had another scan a few days later just to be sure and had a D&C the following week in November. Testing on the placenta came back as normal baby boy. I had been content referring to my babies as my angels until we found out we had a little boy. We picked two gender neutral names for the first two angels (Jordan and Skylar) and chose Gabriel for our little boy.

Then we started seeing an RE and started off with some more testing. He wanted to do a test to see if I have antipaternal antibodies. After almost 2 weeks of waiting we found out that test was normal. Then I had more testing. This time it was for Factor V Leiden, MTHFR, Protein S and Protein C, and prothrombin mutation. After another 2 weeks I had a follow-up appt with my RE on January 15th. We went over the results of all the testing and basically everything was normal. The only possible abnormality was that I am Heterozygous for MTHFR. This mutation causes an increase in homocysteine levels which can be a clotting issue. It also makes it so I don't break down folic acid, b6 and b12. I started taking Folgard along with my Prenatals (Folgard is extra Folic acid, b6 and b12) and I take baby aspirin until I O and then start heparin/lovenox injections on all cycles from this point on.

After a break through the holidays we started TTC with Femara in the hopes of producing a healthier egg and also added the BA, Folgard, and Heparin/Lovenox regimen. We also did an HCG trigger those cycles to trigger ovulation even though I O on my own. I guess it is to just be in more control and so that the follies don't get too big. I did produce multiple follicles (average of 2-4) but only one was mature in each of the first two cycles and then third cycle I had one big follie that was probably a cyst so we were not able to trigger that cycle. All of those cycles were obviously BFN.

Then in May I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. My RE removed endometriosis from my right ovary and my bladder. Everything else looked fine. Then after a month break we did our first Femara/Follistim cycle in July. I had 3 mature follicles but we were unsuccessful. My RE requires that I wait a cycle in between injectable cycles so that cysts do not develop so we took August off and are now W2O on another Femara/Follistim cycle. I have my follicle scan and E2 test tomorrow and will trigger if all is well!!!