View Single Post
September 9th, 2008, 02:10 AM
aka NZ-Emma
I have experienced four 1st trimester losses, between 2001 & 2008... the pregnancies have been to 3 different men...

My first loss was on November 2, 2001 @ 10w4d, the father was my ex boyfriend, Alan - that pregnancy wasn't planned
My second loss was on November 19, 2005 @ 5w4d, the father was my ex boyfriend, Stu - that pregnancy WAS planned
My third loss was on October 21, 2007 @ 8w0d, the father was my DP - Kai. That pregnancy wasn't planned, and it turned out that I had an ectopic pregnancy, which I needed surgery for
My fourth loss was on January 6, 2008 @ 6w1d, the father was my DP - Kai. Again that pregnancy was NOT planned & I was on the pill, however I shouldn't have been on the pill because it was pretty much useless due to the epilepsy medication I am on - though my doctor didn't tell me that at all.

I've not had any testing done, mainly because of the fact only 1 pregnancy was actually planned - and I gave birth to my daughter between the 2nd & 3rd losses. When me & Kai start trying, if I have any losses I will be requesting to get testing done... It honestly didn't occur to me after my other losses, I guess because of the surprise aspect of (most of) them...