View Single Post
September 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am Beckie, soon to be 34, my Dh is Joel, 36. We have been together since 1992, married in 2001. We decided to start TTC in late 2004 & I got pg right off. I didn't realize it at first though because I thought it was a return of ovarian cysts, since I had been on BCP for several years to control them & had just come off. SO although we weren't preventing - we hadn't official starte "trying" yet. I felt soooo lucky when I found out. I told everyone. About a week later I started to spot & that quickly became bleeding. I ended up mcing on Mar 14, 2005. It wasn't until I mc'd that I found out i was carrying twins - so most people IRL don't know that part - since it seemed pointless to tell them after the fact. We waited the 3 months the Dr recommended before trying again. I got pg the following July & mc'd in August. That was a very difficult thing for me eotionally - as I really believed at that point that there was a MUCH bigger problem & perhaps I would never have a child in my arms. We asked to see an RE & started with him In December of that year. I had so many tests & everything looked good. Then I realized in early Feb that Dh's chromosome test never cam back. I started calling around & finally was abl to get the results on Feb 13th - he in fact had a chromosomal abnormality that gave us a high risk for mc & stillbirth. I then found out on Feb 14th that I was pg again, although we had been avoiding. I was devastated. I went on to loose that baby as well. At that point I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do. We weren't really deciding anything really & I got pg again in early July. I finally got my miracle & had a healthy & uneventful pg (at least according to textbooks - of course i was freaking out all along) and had my DS on Mar 14, 2007 - 2 years to the day from when I lost my twins. I would love more than anything to be TTC right now - but I am understandably fearful - since my odds aren't any better than before. Right now we do plan to TTC in about 2 months. I hope my heart is ready.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet