View Single Post
September 13th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Rhonda and I am an old timer here. As a matter of fact I am one of the senior citizens I am 39 and married to DH Bill who is 41. We have bee together for 21 years and have 2 living children, Brandon is 19 and Nicholas is 27 months. In between the two boys we suffered 7 years of infertility followed by 5 years of re-current miscarriage. My first loss occured in September of 1993 when Brandon was 4 years old. After that first loss we tried very hard to get pg with no success. So for those 7 years we couldn't get pregnant and I spent every month on my knees in the bathroom with an HPT in front of me, praying for a line. Then crushed and destroyed when cycle after cycle (84 total) I got a BFN. My Dr.s did some testing and put me on Clomid for about 6 months (until I couldn't afford it anymore and my DH said it made me kinda moody) so we decided in 1999 that maybe we were meant to have just one child.
In April of 2000 I noticed I hadn't had a period in a few months and I wasn't feeling well so I took a HPT (which I swore off after the bout with infertility) and it came up BFP. We were really shocked and happy about it. All those years we tried so hard and couldn't and now we weren't trying and we did. In May of 2000 I began to bleed and rushed to the hospital where I had my 2nd miscarriage. It was truly devestating. How could God do this to us? It's like teasing a hungry tiger with a piece of raw meat. Now we were in "baby mode" again and began trying and testing again. I had a new Dr. who was doing some tests that my previous one didn't do. I had every kind of blood test imaginable and discovered that I am homozygous for MTHFR and have two copies of the C677T gene mutation. I have had an HSG, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, endometrial biopsy and multiple non-pregnancy related D&C's. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis which I took BC pills for a year straight to fix. Have had polyps and fibroids removed from my uterus. I have had cysts on my ovaries which have been removed and/or drained multiple times.

After all that I became quite the fertile myrtle. I had my 3rd loss in Jan of 2004, #4 in Aug of 04, #5 in Feb 05. Then in June of 05 I got another BFP and began bleeding a week later. I went to the hospital because I was a pro at this by that time and I knew what was going on. I was told that I had m/c'ed and they did an US to be sure. The US showed a baby with a heart beat and everything so I had actually mc'ed a twin. Ten weeks later I went to my OB for an US on the second twin and we found that baby had also stopped developing and no heartbeat. I had a D&C a few days later. I told my Dr. I didn't want to do it anymore. I was done. My Dr discovered a uterine septum during that D&C and removed it. I honestly didn't think I could handle another BFP and the horrible long wait for the m/c to begin. I decided to go on BCP and never try to get pg again. There were other plans for me though because about 10 weeks later I got pregnant with my miracle baby Nicholas. After a very long and stressful 8 months he was born at 35 weeks. I know this post is pretty long but I have to say that I am so happy that I persisted all those times when my faith that I would have another baby severly waivered. Nicholas is the light of my life and without him I would be nothing. After my 4th loss, I returned to work and a woman came into the restaurant I worked in and told me she was psychic. She said she knew I had recently had a m/c and that my baby was with me. She told me it just wasn't "her" time but that it was coming and that my babies were there to keep me going because the time would come soon. That woman gave me the courage to go on. I think she was sent to me to give me strength and I think I have to pass that strength on to others by telling them my story. If I can make the difference in one person by telling them then my journey was worth the pain.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts