View Single Post
September 14th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had concerns that I would be distracted (negatively) if my house wasn't perfect but picking up and cleaning was actually a PLEASANT distraction during my labor.

I thought having my children at home while I labored and birthed was a GREAT thing, though I'd had concerns about that too.

If you feel like you're being "watched" by people (your midwife, family, whoever) leave the room or have them leave. Make sure YOU are comfortable. You're not there as THEIR hostess on birth day! It's OK to go off alone when you need to.

If you are using a birth pool set it up as soon as you're sure you are in labor and have it ready to fill so you'll have it when you need it.

When you first go into labor and things are easy, clean up and tidy your birth space..whether it be your bedroom or wherever. It makes it so much more peaceful and pleasant during and after the birth.

If you feel like you want to speed things up...DO go for a walk or climb the stairs. The stairs really did a number on me!

Take advantage of water, whether it be a shower, bath, or birthing tub. It will relax you, lower your blood pressure, and ease the "pain".

I'm sure I have lots more little tidbits but my mind is blanking out right now. If I think of anything stellar I'll post here again! :-)

ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~