View Single Post
September 17th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I made a GREAT steak fajita while I was in labor...actually about an hour & a half before I actually had Liberty. I say...go light if you need to on food but if you want...have a big ol' protein filled meal! I enjoyed cooking for myself during labor. Oh...make sure you have food you LOVE for after the birth. You're going to be REALLY hungry afterwards (well, I was each time!). For some reason my favorite thing to eat after birth are bagels and cream cheese (not usually my fave) and fruit. Make sure you have lots of favorites around when you go into labor or send out someone to get stuff! Have plenty of food for your midwife and helpers...they need plenty of energy too, esp. if it's a LONG labor.
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~